Talk

Advanced search

Paris. Paris visite card or carnets?

(7 Posts)
Nehru Sat 25-May-13 14:08:30

Hi I'm off with s3 who is 10 for 2.5 days. Need to travel from gare de nord day 1. Then 2 days sight seeing.

What are the rules on child metro travel. ? Are they free or reduced. Also pv pass gets you in free to some places doesn't it ?

Any ideas?

RickyZoomsVeryFast Sat 25-May-13 14:21:59

Under 16s get cheap travel at weekends in Paris - can't remember exactly how much but certainly cheaper than Paris Visite ticket. Obviously only works if you are going to be there at a weekend (or bank holiday). Have a great trip!

Nehru Sat 25-May-13 15:24:16

thanks Rick

we are in teh week unfortunately

winnybella Sat 25-May-13 15:37:29

At 10yo he will pay full price for bus/metro. Sorry, I've no clue re carte visite vs. carnets, had a look on RATP website but they don't show carte visite prices. If you're coming by Eurostar I would think carnet will be cheaper, one if the main advantages of carte visite seems to be free travel by Orlyval, RER etc so if you plan on staying the centre there doesn't seem to be much point. Have a look at RATP

Nehru Sat 25-May-13 16:02:47

i am starting to think carnet is better.

EleanorFarjeon Sat 25-May-13 20:51:42

I took my boys last summer & bought carnet booklets. DH often works in Paris & he reckons this is best way to do it. I don't think Paris Visite is good value for a short trip with shortish distances.

Nehru Sun 26-May-13 00:47:53

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now