Talk

Advanced search

Egpyt in Dec??

(5 Posts)
kilmuir Fri 24-May-13 23:09:35

what will weather be like.
Any family friendly resorts.
Can not bear thought of Christmas in damp , cold England.
Thanks

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 24-May-13 23:12:56

I went this December just gone, it was lovely. Weather was hot but not stupidly so, mid 20s to 30. Hotter in the morning and then eased off mid afternoon.

I went to a hotel in Hurghada, the resort was a bit shite but the hotel was lovely and had an aqua park on site. I recommend it, we are going back again the week before Christmas this year.

nenevomito Fri 24-May-13 23:14:18

I've been to Egypt in Jan and Sept and the January time was a lot nicer with small ones as it wasn't that hot.

literarygeek Sat 25-May-13 09:38:41

I've been in Egypt at Christmas and it was def warm enough to swim (hurghada). Lady year we went to Hilton sharm waterfalls which was good for kids, nice gym, nice massages, lots of pools with a kids' pool and a kids' play area next to the health centre- away from the huge one near the beach and actually quite quiet/relaxing.
Not the height of luxury but fun and clean.
Have fun, wherever you go.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 25-May-13 10:25:02

We want to go to Hurghada or El Gouna in August, yes, I know its HOT but can cope with heat.

Ive got a thread asking for recs for hotels/villa etc.

If you want to go to Luxor, I can recommend an English lady who lives there, she has beautiful flats which she rents out, and will organise food, water, egyptologist to take you places with your own driver. She is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now