Talk

Advanced search

Second thoughts about accommodation

(9 Posts)
sallycinamon Fri 24-May-13 19:18:27

Booked a family holiday with Thomsons but trip advisor reviews seem to be getting worse for the hotel we are staying in. How easy is it to change your accommodation but keep dates the same?

Thanks

Fluffy1234 Fri 24-May-13 21:02:31

You may be able to amend it for £50 per person but it depends how close it is to departure date. I find you get really a lot of moaners on trip advisor so ignore most of them. Is the accommodation in a good location, does the pool look good? Have you looked up the hotel or apartment on google images, I think that's quite helpful.

sallycinamon Fri 24-May-13 22:36:13

Thanks Fluffy. I know what you mean about trip advisor. Had a look at google images and it looks fine. Not luxurious but pleasant enough.

Will have a think about it - going in about 10 weeks. x

JaxTellerIsAllMine Sat 25-May-13 10:26:29

Some people just moan for the sake of moaning, but I have found if someone moans and you check their other reviews - if ALL are picky then I ignore it. If the other reviews are decent then I take heed.

girlywhirly Sat 25-May-13 16:49:47

I wouldn't take a lot of notice of odd bad reviews, but if a lot of reviewers were complaining of the same things I would. Especially if the complaints were about miserable unhelpful staff, dirty rooms, and poor food quality; and also if these poor reviews span several weeks which implies a real problem rather than a temporary issue.

sallycinamon Sun 26-May-13 14:31:15

Thanks guys you make some good points.
How do you see someone's previous reviews on trip advisor? Can't work it out!

Willsmum79 Sun 26-May-13 21:14:25

Take no notice of reviews. People generally leave reviews to mostly moan about it.

specialsubject Mon 27-May-13 09:54:41

not always - I've seen plenty of places with good reviews.

as others note; ignore one bad review. If they all say the same, take notice.

sallycinamon Mon 27-May-13 22:17:45

Thanks for your responses.

Out of interest I looked at the Spanish and Italian reviews of the same hotel on trip advisor. The Spanish ones were mediocre at best (from what I could make out with my smattering of Spanish!) but the Italian ones were far better. I think I will keep an eye on the reviews for the next week or so before taking any drastic action!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now