Talk

Advanced search

hand luggage

(6 Posts)
bananananacoconuts Thu 23-May-13 11:56:56

Am currently packing for our trip to Majorca tomorrow. We are only taking hand luggage and i just need to clarify a few things if you lovely lot could help!
Can i take my hair straighteners in hand baggage?
can i take moisturiser?
can i take hair grips?

flying with jet2 from east midlands airport if that makes a difference! their website suggests no liquids unless it's baby milk or a prescription!

oranges Thu 23-May-13 12:00:05

yes to hairgrips and straighteners. moisturiser only in a container of 100 g or less. the same applies to all liquids. must be 100 ml or less, and in a container that clearly says that. ie you can't take a normal size tub with only a tiny amount in it.

bananananacoconuts Thu 23-May-13 12:13:42

So my 50g beauty flash balm is ok then! Should i decant it or leave it as it is?

bananananacoconuts Thu 23-May-13 12:14:01

I mean in to a clear pot

sunnyshine Thu 23-May-13 12:22:37

The pot doesn't need to be clear. smileYou need to be able to take it out your luggage and put it separately (in a clear sealable sandwich size bag ) on the x ray machine. You can have up to 10 things on each clear bag I think but each item can be no more than 100ml

bananananacoconuts Thu 23-May-13 13:38:28

many thanks. it's much clearer now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now