Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Will the sea/pool be cold in Turkey mid may?

(12 Posts)
SpottyTeacakes Wed 22-May-13 18:17:04

Looking for holidays for next year....turkey seems to be all we can afford and it's much cheaper beginning of season. Went to menorca last year and it was too cold to get in the pool!

bowlingforsoup Wed 22-May-13 18:27:25

My friends are there at the moment and it's been 39 degrees every day. They said the heat is unbelievable and the sea is warm, so are the pools.

This is a really good time of year to go to turkey.

SpottyTeacakes Wed 22-May-13 18:29:08

Excellent news thanks smile finding a holiday was much easier before trip advisor!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 23-May-13 11:22:36

End of May is lovely in Turkey. It is usually really warm, high 20s or low 30s. The pool will be warm enough to go in and so will the sea.

I love Turkey, It's my favourite place for a holiday smile

SpottyTeacakes Thu 23-May-13 11:28:15

I'm struggling to find anywhere which meets our criteria sad all the ones we can afford seems to mean we'd have to compromise on something. Might have to up our budget. Any recommendation welcome smile

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sun 26-May-13 19:13:18

What is your criteria? And your budget?

Figgygal Sun 26-May-13 19:16:41

Ive been to turkey 3 times in may lovely country and good weather but the pools have always been cold!! Not to the cant go in as it's freezing stage but not far off don't let it stop u though!!

TheGashlycrumbTinies Sun 26-May-13 19:26:13

We have just got back from the Royal Dragon Resort in Side, Antalya.

I am a real package holiday snob, and haven't been on one since I was little, so I was waiting to be disappointed. But it was amazing. It is a 5* resort, and felt true to the star rating. Was £2.5k for 2 adults and 2 children.

The pool was cool, but I went in every day, and I'm pretty pathetic! The sea was also ok.

Just looked to re book for August, but its fully booked.

SpottyTeacakes Sun 26-May-13 19:29:43

OK so going on the holiday will be myself, dp, dd(3) and ds (18mo eek I don't want him to grow!)

-All inclusive (all we can afford)
-V near sandy beach
- Within easy reach of amenities (either walking or bus)
-Short transfer

Obviously we want somewhere with good reviews. Budget preferably below £1600, could stretch to £1900 possibly, wanting two weeks from LGW. I know it's asking a lot, holidays used to be much cheaper!

I've been looking at Palm Wings Beach Resort it seems to meet most of our requirements...

I wish we could just afford a nice villa all to ourselves but unfortunately what we would love and what we can afford are two different things grin

SpottyTeacakes Sun 26-May-13 19:31:06

Thanks Boiledegg I will look at that smile

TheGashlycrumbTinies Sun 26-May-13 19:31:29

Our was only 7 days, not two weeks, sorry spotty. sad

SpottyTeacakes Sun 26-May-13 19:32:21

That's OK grin I know I'm asking a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now