Talk

Advanced search

Any info on Faro/Olhao please?

(6 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Tue 21-May-13 19:02:24

Never been to Portugal before and just booked for a week in July in Olhao. Any tips/info greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jkklpu Tue 21-May-13 22:30:27

Country's very pretty, friendly people, especially if you have kids. Terrible drivers, though, so do take care if you're hiring a car - aggressive and unpredictable.

theladylovescupcakes Thu 23-May-13 21:54:12

Bumping!

FluffyDavis Wed 29-May-13 07:43:44

Flew back from olhao yesterday!
What hotel are you staying in?
We were disappointed with the area to be honest but our hotel was fantastic, Real marina hotel & spa.

suburbophobe Wed 29-May-13 07:48:59

Oh, I do like it around there. Haven't been for years...

You can also go to the islands by boat from Olhao, one of which is called Armona. The Portugese have houses there, and I remember a fantastic fish restaurant on the beach.

Above Olhao is very nice countryside.

I was there once in October with terrible weather so I got on the bus and ferry over the river and went to Seville in Spain. Amazing place.
Also the place - forget the name - just over the border was great. Night market and true flamenco area.

dreamingofsun Wed 29-May-13 09:19:16

fluffy - why were you disappointed with the area? Olhao was on our list of possible resorts as it reads nicely in the books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now