Talk

Advanced search

7nights, 14wk old baby, £1800 budget

(5 Posts)
SoYo Sat 18-May-13 18:27:06

As above! Please help me find a last minute holiday. We're very open to options, don't mind lazing about in AI hotel or going self catering if there's lots of places to eat but want somewhere that's not too long a flight, baby friendly & we can get a pram around easily. Flights need to be from East Mids/Manc/Leeds. Thanks wonderful mumsnetters!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 19-May-13 00:43:10

You've got a reasonable budget and you don't need to go in term time. What are the bits you need help with?

HarderToKidnap Sun 19-May-13 01:02:37

Just went AI with first choice to the barut Lara in turkey, had 17mo with us. Lovely hotel, nice food, kid friendly, quick transfer from airport, just a lovely easy holiday really. Having said that, if I had the luxury of taking a little baby that didn't need food or too much entertaining, I'd hire a lovely villa in Tuscany within walking distance of a little village or walled town and walk to a gorgeous little restaurant every night!

sofi0308 Sun 19-May-13 08:41:16

http://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/travel/hotels-in-europe

http://www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk/ten-best-baby-friendly-boltholes-overseas.htm

its been said a 100 times before but these are a good place to start, there is a lot of over lap between these two lists although last minute might be hard if they are all booked already but it will give you an idea of what is out there, personally with small baby i would just book a flight and a hotel and youre done.. but if you want a bit baby friendly, all the gear, other people not frowning at you if yours kicks off, i would start with caserio del mirador which is between valencia and alicante so flights should be easy, hire a car, take your own car seat, borrow a pram when you get there..

SoYo Sun 19-May-13 13:29:18

Thanks Sofi, Mirador is fully booked but now looking at villas and apartments in Menorca/Majorca. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now