Talk

Advanced search

Nice apartments/hotels in central Rome?

(8 Posts)
theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 18-May-13 09:19:49

Yay, we have booked a girlie weekend to Rome in September for 4 of us, never been so I am quite excited.

We'd like to stay somewhere central say near the trevi fountain or Spanish Steps, but I am completely bewildered by the array of hotels and apartments available.

We need 4 beds to sleep on and would be nice to have a bit of luxury. Any recommendations, or good agencies to use would be great.

Thanks

SantanaLopez Sat 18-May-13 21:00:31

Oh I love Rome, I'm desperate to go back.

I'd really recommend oh-rome.com, we have used them and their sister sites quite a lot and have never had any problems. I can't find the place we stayed in with them atm but if you need it I'll dredge it up.

theoriginalandbestrookie Sat 18-May-13 21:19:47

Thanks I will have a look at oh-rome.

YetAnotherMum Sat 18-May-13 22:42:30

I stayed with with my family at The White Hotel which was about 100 yds from the Trevi Fountain. It was very nice & staff were lovely and I'd go back. I took my 3 teenagers and booked them all into 1 room. When we got there the hotel had put them in a mini suite thing so that my ds had his own room & my dds shared the other part which was great. We walked to all the sights in Rome from there.

mrspaddy Sat 18-May-13 22:47:50

We stayed in Hotel Romantica.. booked through booking.com I think.. It was a walk from most places but also metro a couple of minutes walk. Best holiday of my life .. got engaged there too unexpectedly.
Have a lovely time.

usuallydormant Sun 19-May-13 15:19:56

I organised a family weekend in Rome a few years ago and went with Romanreference.com. Had a great experience with them and having a self catering place was perfect when you wanted to do as much catching up as sightseeing. Plus, for us, it worked out as cheap as getting a halfway decent central hotel.

www.romanreference.com/en/rome/apartment/179b

sofi0308 Sun 19-May-13 15:45:15

www.casatrevi.it/

we stayed here, loved it, jsut around the corner from the trevi fountain, spanish steps, good transport, little deli store, tonnes of pizza places etc..

theoriginalandbestrookie Sun 19-May-13 18:40:45

That does look nice sofio - great location as well. Thanks other folks for recommendations as well. There is just so much to choose from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now