Talk

Advanced search

Mojacar in August

(11 Posts)
R2G Fri 17-May-13 12:01:49

Hello,

We are going here in August. 3 boys 7 6 and 5.
Any advice on what to do, where to go, what is must do/ must see, recommendations of restaurants, cafes, nice views, local life, water parks, trips, best beach, markets, night markets etc etc

Greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Laura

maudpringle Fri 17-May-13 12:39:55

mojacar market is on a wednesday and is a nice way to pass a couple of hours.Lots of nice places to eat. Blu on the sea front is lovely for lunch.We had a great holiday but spent most of it on the beach as d/h had the car to go to almeria bike track sad

maudpringle Fri 17-May-13 12:45:41

just to add, it was a lovely friendly resort.Sorry I cant help more, have a good holiday.

Fluffy1234 Fri 17-May-13 13:36:17

My family all enjoyed visiting the Drach Caves.

Fluffy1234 Fri 17-May-13 13:40:42

Oh and climbing the 365 steps in Pollensa, but wait until a bit later in the when it cools down a bit. We hired a car for the holiday and found driving very easy and distances not to far.

R2G Sun 19-May-13 16:48:27

Oh thanks so much for this. We are right next to the beach. Do you think you need a car? I heard the bus is pretty good to get up to the old town and the water park. Googling Drach Caves... EXCITED!!! Holiday!!! Anyone else have any recommendations?

R2G Sun 19-May-13 16:49:51

Oh... just looked, Drach Caves are MAJORCA but this is Mojacar which is near Almeria in Spain not a spelling error grin

VerlaineChasedRimbauds Sun 19-May-13 17:06:24

We like AKU AKU beach bar and restaurant in Mojacar Playa. Mojacar Pueblo is nice but everywhere is very touristy. You can get good views from several cafes in the Pueblo.The Mojito Jazz Bar in the pueblo has several terraces with good views - not sure how child friendly it is. On the playa there are dozens and dozens of beach front cafes - it's probably a good idea to try a few and see which one suits. There's no high rise though, which is good. Certainly a friendly, pleasant resort. English is spoken almost everywhere - which is useful if you have any problems - especially if your Spanish is as dodgy as mine. Staff seem to appreciate attempts at Spanish though (even mine!). Depending upon which end you are, you could walk along to Garrucha - lots of good fish restaurants there.

I've never been there in August but I gather the traffic is nose to tail along the beachfront during July and August, so expect it to be fairly busy.

The drive along the coast from Mojacar to Carboneras is spectacular and a little further along the coast from Carboneras is Agua Amarga which is delightful (but expensive - take a picnic!).

If you head up in to the hills you can get away from the crowds pretty quickly. It will probably be very, very hot in August!

Fluffy1234 Sun 19-May-13 17:47:22

So sorry I misread your post. Hope you have a great holiday.

Littleturkish Sun 19-May-13 18:02:08

We always go to Patio 2000 for the beach cafe- lovely salads and comfy sun loungers. Always full of Spanish (sometimes on hen dos which is great for people watching and cultural observations!) and service is good.

Antas market is good for fruit/veg and Turre also has a good market. Love Mojacar and we're going back for the seventh time this July!

R2G Sun 19-May-13 19:40:42

Oh that's great to hear you love it. Thanks everyone fluffy no problem, made me smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now