Talk

Advanced search

Just booked Thompson holiday and 1 hour later price dropped by £500 !

(9 Posts)
Luckye Thu 16-May-13 23:41:52

Just booked family holiday with Thompson and went back on website 1 hour later to show dd and to my horror the price had dropped by £500! Tried ringing but no answer as after 6pm. Can't sleep as so annoyed - does anyone think I can get the £500 back?

Fluffy1234 Fri 17-May-13 10:26:28

It may be worth trying online to amend your holiday. If you booked online you can usually pay £50 a person to amend your holiday. See if the system will let you 'amend' it to exactly the same holiday. Good luck.

greyvix Fri 17-May-13 18:50:53

If you paid by credit card, you may be able to cancel and rebook at the better price. Alternatively, call them and talk nicely. It often works!

FatimaLovesBread Sat 18-May-13 10:31:50

I'd ring them and ask if you can rebook to the same at the lower price, I've changed holidays with them before and it was easy although that was to a different hotel/destination.

The problem is that their online prices are linked to how many people have booked that holiday in the previous few days, so if you hadn't booked it the price may not have changed. It's a tough one, I normally watch prices online for ages not knowing whether to book or whether it will come cheaper.

Is it definitely exactly the same? I had a panic with my last holiday that it had come down considerably but then noticed it was quoting SC even though I had searched for AI

secretscwirrels Sat 18-May-13 13:57:24

This happened to me once. I complained by phone and in writing but got nowhere. It soured the holiday.
Since then I never check the price again.

johnpaolo Mon 20-May-13 16:45:30

just after information if you have a holiday home to advertise, we have an apartment in Spain but I find a lot of the big places to advertise are so expensive ...over £300! I mean it's a cracking place and we get repeat bookers but I can't seem to get it out there without the extortionate fee's...does anyone know where I can maybe advertise that won't cost me the earth :/ any help appreciated. thanks

johnpaolo Mon 20-May-13 16:46:52

ooopps you can tell i haven't been on for a while...was supposed to be a new thread...how do i delete from above ekkkkk

KatoPotato Mon 20-May-13 16:49:20

I just learned today on Twitter that when searching plane tickets online, delete your cookies. Prices go up if you visit a site multiple times.

Fluffy1234 Mon 20-May-13 17:21:15

I think that happened to me when I umming and aarring over tickets to Jamaica. I kept checking the price and they kept going up really a lot over just a few hours. Learnt my lesson now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now