Talk

Advanced search

First holiday abroad

(4 Posts)
mattDP Fri 03-May-13 10:39:02

Hi,

Got two girls, aged 7 and 3. Elder sister is quite interested in classical history - Greece, Rome etc - but in reality would probably only last an hour on an ancient monument before getting bored.

Since having kids we've stuck to holidaying in the UK because we're feeble cowards. But now feeling venturesome enough to take them abroad. However we've been a bit overwhelmed by an ocean of choice and the difficulty of finding information.

What we'd like is ideally a complex with a holiday club and activities for the girls, but some local life and history within easy reach. Somewhere with likely good weather but not oppressively hot, and which can be reached via cheap airfare.

A tall ask, I know! Failing that a little holiday park with just a pool or something would suffice. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Matt

OriginalRoute Fri 03-May-13 23:02:01

We were in this position getting more and more confused looking on the internet, and in the end we just went into a travel agent, told them what we wanted and they were fantastic and found us cheaper deals than we had online, when I had expected the opposite.

topsmart Fri 03-May-13 23:05:31

Same here, but a bit further ahead in time. We've booked to go to a resort in fuerteventura in 3 weeks. Watch this space!

ShiftyFades Fri 17-May-13 10:10:19

I echo going into the travel agents, we were looking at Tunisia / Egypt and ended up in 5* Crete hotel. grin
The hotel is perfect for our needs: DS is 4, the pool has slides and pirate ship, none of it is too big for him.
Also has a Thomas Cook run holiday club so no language problems if / when he uses it, and they are insured / CRB checked to British standards.

I'm so excited grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now