Talk

Advanced search

Holiday

(4 Posts)
carmen66 Wed 01-May-13 11:33:44

I'm back again & just can't find a suitable holiday for myself hubby & 7 year old... I have been to Majorca , Pollensa & am thinking of going there again as everybody is telling me that the places I'm looking at will be scourching in July we usually holiday in May...
Can anybody recommend a good resort in Majorca that isn't too quiet, close to the beach with local shops and restaurants we really don't want anywhere in the middle of nowhere smile

landofsoapandglory Wed 01-May-13 11:41:13

Cala D'Or is lovely. We're going there again in July. It doesn't have a long beach, it's got lots of coves, but they are all safe and you can swim in the sea etc.

The resort has a marina where there are some lovely restaurants, some nice restaurants in the square. There are a few karaoke type places but we avoid them.

These apartments are brilliant for children around your DD's age. They are clean, not 5*, but have everything you need. A short walk to the beach and a well stocked supermarket and bakery, and not too far to walk into Cala D'Or or Cala Ferrara either. The mini train stops outside the back if you want to go to the marina.

If Jet2 don't fly from your local airport Thomson do them aswell.

carmen66 Wed 01-May-13 12:04:31

Thankyou for your reply, I have been scanning the net for a week now & I can't believe that it's so difficult to find a holiday... I seem to find a hotel then theres something wrong location, bad reviews etc..
We usually go AI as it get's expensive throughout the day with drinks & icecreams & it works for us..
We prefer hotels as we do like a bit of evening entertainment & sometimes it's nice if my daughter meets other children her age..
Do you know of any hotels that are AI & near to amnities? smile

carmen66 Wed 01-May-13 12:05:16

Oh I meant to ask is the resort a short transfer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now