Talk

Advanced search

majorca - july with three teenagers. which resort to pick?

(5 Posts)
overthemill Tue 30-Apr-13 15:23:40

have somewhat rashly booked easyjet flights for 6 nights to fit in with very complicated eldest dd's summer (university vacation but doing internship with charity). Have flights but now need to book somewhere self catering in a resort that meets all our needs: bit of culture, beach, walking (like coastal path not mountain!), tapas bars, access to Palma, bike hire?? A big list I know and I have been before but pre kids so a long time ago (did banyulbulfar and palma)... so want nice stuff, not too touristy but plenty to do. Hmm, ideas?
Cala d'or?
feguera?
pollensa?

purple15 Wed 01-May-13 11:53:52

Hi , a while ago I posted a lot of threads about whether we should go to Majorca or Cornwall where we have been going for years.

Anyway, after my head swimming with lots of information for weeks, I finally booked the flights for me, husband and two teenagers.

Then, it was the Hotel ! Where should I go ? Should I book now or will the prices come down nearer the time. I decided to go to Cala d'or.

We have booked the hotel and it is next to a natural country park. So hopefully very different from Magluluf. We are used to having the fantastic coastal paths in Cornwall. So I booked this area thinking it will be a lovely coastline.

overthemill Thu 02-May-13 15:02:29

ok so i did it alone and booked here

it looks fab, has decent reviews and my kids gave it the thumbs up!

purple15 Thu 02-May-13 19:57:06

wow that looks good , I would never dream of booking a hostel but this one looks absolutely great.

Hope it ticks all the boxes.

overthemill Sat 04-May-13 13:43:07

don't think its a 'hostel' but seems to be a family run 'pension' not a shared dorms kind of place! Think hostal is the word for pension in spanish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now