Talk

Advanced search

Have you been to Bulgaria & would you ...

(8 Posts)
BeaLola Mon 29-Apr-13 19:00:14

recommend it for holiday or not?

Thinking of going in August with DH & DS.

TIA

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 19:05:20

I went to Sunny Beach a few years ago.

It depends what you're looking for really. If you're after exotic luxury then definitely not. If you want cheap, cheerful, sunny and kid friendly then definitely!

TheRealFellatio Mon 29-Apr-13 19:09:57

I have not, and I would not. I have not hear anything especially positive about it, but I have heard plenty that is negative. The world is a big and beautiful place so why waste time and money going somewhere a bit crap? I'd rather stay in a lovely part of the UK than go somewhere shit in Europe.

TheRealFellatio Mon 29-Apr-13 19:10:43

Sorry that sounds really harsh. Don't know what got into me. confused But I feel that way, even if it did sound mean.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 19:17:37

It might not be luxurious but it's a damn site warmer than here grin

stopthenoise Mon 29-Apr-13 21:04:02

I went to Bulgaria and hated it. Worst holiday I've ever had and wouldn't go again. Too many jelly fish in the sea, awful weather and rude locals. One of my friends loves it there tho hmm

Fluffy1234 Tue 30-Apr-13 10:42:48

I stayed on Nesseber (an island linked to mainland with a causeway) which was beautiful and took the boat over to Sunny Beach a few times. I wouldn't personally recommend Sunny Beach unless it's a really good price. If it's the case of a beach holiday or no holiday then I'd possibly go. I would definitely read reviews on trip advisor to check out nationalities staying at the hotel. Although i really don't like hotels with all British people it's nice to have some as entertainment is more likely to be in English.
I went end if May early June and it was boiling, the sand was almost too hot to walk on. I'm not sure if that was freaky weather.
Another option could be Turkey for a good value beach holiday.

TheRealFellatio Tue 30-Apr-13 17:10:01

The corruption from the police is awful too. They stop tourists all the time for speeding, or supposed/trumped up traffic violations, and then extract money with menaces from them. I know someone who goes there regularly and he now goes out with wads of cash in smallish denominations for the express purpose of buying off crooked policemen, for the sake of an easy life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now