Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where to go? villa/apartment holiday on the cheap

(7 Posts)
frazzled74 Mon 29-Apr-13 13:58:49

We want to go abroad on holiday next may (2014), im thinking of booking accomodation now and then flights later when the dates are released, so i want a safe bet for cheapish flights etc, . I would like sun, a sandy beach, a pool , nice restaurants and shops in walking distance and a few places to visit nearby either by bus or boat. we have 2 under 10s and a baby/toddler so dont want to be too far from the airport, not too touristy if possible.any suggestions please?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Mon 29-Apr-13 14:02:21

We've been to the Almeria area of Andalusia, we rented through Owners Direct and booked cheap flights and car hire separately.

rainbowmagic1974 Tue 30-Apr-13 21:41:16

Malaga is always very reasonably priced. We flew BA there last year and was cheaper than monarch etc when considering baggage and seating etc. When browsing out of curiosity this year their prices were even cheaper than when we booked the year before. Just need to get in there as soon as they're released.
We've stayed in Estepona, fabulous long and wide beach and Nerja, beautiful town but the sand wasn't as nice!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 01-May-13 12:14:40

The cheapest villas seem to be in Spain, Cyprus or Turkey. The flights for Cyprus and Turkey are obviously not as cheap as Spain though.

theoriginalandbestrookie Wed 01-May-13 21:45:22

TBH I'd wait until the flights are out which they should be around June for next May as at this point you don't know what day you want your holiday to start.

Plus if its accommodation for 5 of you then as it's two - three bedrooms there will be loads of stuff around and it's going to be the flight prices that fluctuate the most rather than villas.

I have found accommodation through Owners Direct and other owners websites. As you are booking so early it's worth asking for a discount. They may well say know but if you don't ask you don't get.

jamtoast12 Wed 01-May-13 22:18:49

With kids, villas and apartments are probably more expensive than going on an all inclusive package. We went to turkey in a 5 star in may, similar age kids for £1600 for a week. Spent £60!

frazzled74 Thu 02-May-13 10:59:24

thanks, now im tempted to just go for a package hol as i can put a low deposit down and pay off monthly, also less headache/hassle for me with making arrangements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now