Talk

Advanced search

Where would you go if you had £3k

(9 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Sat 27-Apr-13 13:25:05

DH and I usually do self catering hols in UK, but have come into a bit of money and want to do something a but special. DD is now 2.4yrs, but we would be looking to go anytime in 2014 so she will be 3 by then. This is the criteria:

We are not keen on flying a long way (we live 50 mins from Manchester so v handy)
We are not keen on big resorts and just sitting by a pool - we like to see culture and history
I am not great in the heat as very fair skinned
Some form of kids clubs would be helpful
No pref over full board of self catering
We like countryside and views.

It's a bit of a list and I am struggling a bit for inspiration so any thoughts appreciated!

Thanks!

MortifiedAdams Sat 27-Apr-13 13:31:17

Disneyland Paris?

Ive been to Tunisia - great beaches, kids clubs (went with Thompsons if I recall), bit of a culture shock but very interesting.

Greece is always good, food wise and price.

MortifiedAdams Sat 27-Apr-13 13:32:18

Oh, and Nice!! Loved it there - can train into Monaco.and Italy, and there is Old Nice too with a market.

givemeaclue Sat 27-Apr-13 21:09:18

Tuscany, Florence, Venice, Greek islands

Theironfistofarkus Sat 27-Apr-13 21:11:35

Barcelona. Love it.

marbeth Sat 27-Apr-13 21:15:03

Have you thought of a cruise? One of the best holidays when ds was younger was a cruise with P and O, the children's club are the best I have come across.

queenjellybelly Sat 27-Apr-13 21:31:49

We're going to Turkey in 2 weeks!!! Thomson family club hotel, which are great & we've always used them before. Amazing kids clubs & very child focused. Also, been to turkey twice before (Pre kids) & very scenic with great history & culture. We've paid just over £2k for four of us all inc & we've got a family suite booked so no sharing bedrooms! It better be as good as I'm hoping but check it out. Don't know how to link but its the Bodrum Imperial.

AntoinetteCosway Sat 27-Apr-13 21:38:53

Corfu. Tiny village on the coast. Eat olives, drink bad wine, swim, sleep. Perfect. No kids club though.

jamtoast12 Sat 27-Apr-13 22:24:31

Lapland once in a lifetime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now