Talk

Advanced search

Which resort in Majorca?

(5 Posts)
IsaacCox Fri 26-Apr-13 14:17:55

I've already been to Sa Coma which was nice but want to try somewhere else (visited Cala Millor and S'illot). Been looking at Puerto Pollensa, Alcudia and Playa De Muro. Which one is the nicest? Do they all have restaurants, shops and other things to do? Can you recommend a nice place in Majorca with a bit to do but nowhere like Magaluf please?

Thank you smile

girlywhirly Fri 26-Apr-13 14:30:26

Puerto Pollensa is the Mumsnet favourite for young families. It is a lovely resort and certainly not Magaluf. There is a website with a wealth of information for holidaymakers, puertopollensa.com. There are good public buses for trips to Pollensa village and Alcudia.

JKO73 Fri 26-Apr-13 17:21:00

We're off to Puerto Pollensa next month. Haven't been before but know a lot of people who have and they all say it's a fab resort for young families so we thought we'd give it a try!

lurcherlover Fri 26-Apr-13 17:32:48

I prefer Pollensa itself (the old town) to Puerto Pollensa. It's less touristy and has fantastic restaurants and lovely shops (great market on Sunday mornings). If you hire a car it's only 15 mins to Puerto Pollensa so you can still have a day at the beach.

weebarra Fri 26-Apr-13 17:35:58

We stay in Pollensa rather than Puerto. It's a lovely place. We tend to hire a car and spend the mornings at the beach until it gets too hot.
I've been going there off and on since I was a child and now I'm taking my DCs there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now