Talk

Advanced search

Paris or somewhere nearby in August with young DC?

(1 Post)
juneau Tue 23-Apr-13 21:02:24

We're meeting up with some friends who live in Canada as we'll all be in France at the same time in Aug. We'll have just three days from 17-20 Aug and they're flying home from Paris, so it needs to be somewhere close by. Does anyone have any suggestion of what we could do?

Between us we have two 5-year-olds, a 3-year-old and a 2-year-old. Is Paris a really bad idea? I was thinking maybe a bateau mouche, Eiffel Tower, Tuileries Gardens, etc, but my friend thinks it would be too frustrating to be in Paris and not able to go to museums and other adult attractions. As they live in Canada, I can understand that, although it doesn't bother my DH and I as we have easier access to Paris and have been to the museums we're interested in already. Are there any other attractions in Paris that would be good for young DC?

Disney is too expensive in Aug, so that's out. Does anyone have experience of Parc Asterix and would it suit our young DC? Does anyone have any ideas of somewhere else could go near Paris? I was assuming we'd do a Novotel and the city, so coming up with an alternative has rather thrown me and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now