Talk

Advanced search

Motorail Netherlands - Italy

(2 Posts)
TeaandHobnobs Tue 23-Apr-13 19:03:20

Has anyone used the motorail service from the Netherlands to Italy?

We are considering using it to reduce driving time to Tuscany with a 14mo in the back, but it is very expensive it seems, so could do with some advice/experience from others to sway me one way or the other grin

lapsedorienteerer Mon 29-Apr-13 19:25:03

Noticed this was unanswered, sorry have not used this route but have used other motorail services with a young DS so can only give general advice.
Used Vienna-Dusseldorf return twice and also Vienna-Ancona return with DS from about age 2-4. There doesn't seem to be such a thing as a bargain motorail ticket! DS travelled really well on all our trips, and slept like a log, however you need to consider sleeping arrangements. You pay per berth but at that age they might well roll out of a sleeping birth (when train stops/starts). On our first trip I didn't pay for a berth for DS, instead I shared the bottom berth with him to ensure he didn't roll out, I 'slept' head to toe, very uncomfortable, DS slept I didn't! It's a lovely way to travel but not always as comfortable as you might imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now