Talk

Advanced search

Any idea how long it takes to get away from a BA shorthaul flight at Heathrow?

(4 Posts)
Ponders Tue 23-Apr-13 15:33:45

DS1 is flying from Geneva tomorrow on a flight due in at 1425, & then he's getting the shuttle bus from Heathrow Central to Reading station. I'm assuming that even if the flight's on time he won't be out in under an hour? I'm driving down from Lancs to pick him up at Reading so I'm trying to work out roughly what time he'll get there.

Buses run every 20 mins & take upwards of 45 mins. Buses after 1525 are at 1535, 1555, 1615 etc, due in at Reading 1648, 1714, 1734 etc.

He's happy to wait at Reading for a while if necessary - would aiming for 1715-1730 be realistic do you think?

TIA smile

RunsWithScissors Tue 23-Apr-13 15:41:03

17:15/17:30 sounds good. Be aware that traffic around reading does start to snarl up a bit, but shouldn't be too bad travelling in (since you don't need to cross the bridge/river).

Maybe plan to park and have dinner in reading before heading home to avoid rush hour?

Ponders Tue 23-Apr-13 16:00:24

oooh, thank you, Scissors thanks

eating first is a great idea, otherwise we'd probably get snarled up around B'ham (& anyway, if we didn't, we wouldn't get home until about 9.30, we'd be starving!)

google reckons just under 4 hours via M6/toll & M40, so I'll try to get away just before 1 to be on the safe side

Ponders Thu 25-Apr-13 13:11:42

the whole trip went really well! no problems driving down, he got the bus from terminal 5 around 3.30 & was having a pint in Reading by 4.30, & I got there about 4.50 - although we were on opposite sides of the station, which is all a building site, so finding each other took a few minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now