Talk

Advanced search

how do u take powdered milk on a plane?

(5 Posts)
AimeeLou86 Mon 22-Apr-13 14:34:25

hi guys
my little boy is 9 wks and we r off to Spain end of May . I was after tips on how to take milk n bottles abroad? can u take
the powder in pots in hand luggage and the big pot in our case?
welcome n e tips as I'm a new parent and just packing!!
Aimee :-)

AimeeLou86 Mon 22-Apr-13 14:35:31

ment to say panicking ! we aren't packing yet !!

givemeaclue Mon 22-Apr-13 20:31:06

Yes that is fine, exactly what I have done before

cloudydaze Tue 23-Apr-13 20:12:45

I too have done that & bought bottled water once past security

radicalsubstitution Tue 23-Apr-13 21:35:44

We went with a low cost airline, so I didn't want to waste any of my precious luggage allowance on milk powder.

We took cartons of ready made up formula in our hand luggage for the journey, along with pre-sterilised bottles so that we could put the milk into bottles if we had to 'prove' it wasn't really an explosive.

We then bought a great big box of formula in the departure lounge of the airport (from the most well-known high street chemists in the UK). My sister worked for said-same chemists at the time, so we knew that they stocked that particular brand in that particular branch.

You can contact the milk manufacturer to find out what the local equivalent is to buy over there. We were using Aptamil at the time, but the Spanish equivalent is not their Aptamil, it's actually something called Almiron which is the same as Aptamil/Cow & Gate in the UK and is only available from pharmacies in Spain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now