Talk

Advanced search

Portugal

(7 Posts)
carmen66 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:05:08

Hi we are thinking about Portugal with our 7 year old for a family holiday..
I'm very confused about which resort we will be going on July..
We like hotels with things to do ,close to the beach & all amenities as we do like to venture out for walks we will also be going all inc..
Which resorts are very family orientated with a short transfer? any hotel recommendations thankyou smile

timidviper Fri 19-Apr-13 19:14:17

Val de Lobo is a nice family resort and near to the airport.

Mark Warner have the Ocean Club at Praia da Luz which is a bit further along the coast which is a sporty, family resort.

Vilamoura is also lovely. There are a lot of hotels down near the beach but you would have to check them out individually

carmen66 Sun 21-Apr-13 19:11:40

Thankyou Timidviper, I have been doing some research & have been looking at Albuifera , it sound's ok but I made a mistake a few years ago when we went to Turkey we stayed in a gorgeous hotel in Antalya but there was absolutely nothing outside of the hotel it was very built up..
We do love beautiful scenery with nice shop & restaurant walks ...
I'm very nervous now about holidays as hubby leaves it all to me haha...

Bowlersarm Sun 21-Apr-13 19:15:14

Carveiro is a fab town with a lovely beach and restaurants. Other lovely beaches within a short drive. Has a road train too which is great for small children. I can't recommend any hotels though as we've only stayed in villas

dreamingofsun Sun 21-Apr-13 20:57:48

get a book from the library. carveioro sounds nice, or cabanas de tavira or lagos. albuiefera sounds a bit like blackpool, but my IL's loved it....they also like benidorm.

if hotels get booked up as quickly as villa's i'd get a move on.

crushedintherush Mon 27-May-13 13:39:27

We've just come back from Cascais, 30 -40 mins from Lisbon.
Fab place, has a marina and old town, very pretty. Theres just 2 of us so can't help with the children part, but we'd go back most definitely smile

OnTheBottomWithAWomansWeekly Mon 27-May-13 13:43:09

Montechoro is right beside Albuifera, there are some fab resorts down by the beach, and the old town of Albuifera is a 20 min walk (and there's a little train that goes all around the back of the two resorts that you can hop on and hop off)

You can also walk there along the beach - if you do it early morning, you'll meet the clubbers strolling home!

There's also the "strip" which runs right up/down the hill in the middle of Montechoro and is full of shops/restaurants and bars.

We did a couple of day trips, one along the coast (lovely little fishing villages) and one to Seville (that was a hugely early start though)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: