Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Greek island, good for kids, sandy beach. Any ideas?

(4 Posts)
MajorBumsore Wed 10-Apr-13 21:53:01

We're looking to go to Greece with two DC this summer for two weeks. What we really want is a hotel, both for us and the kids, with good food, some kids entertainment (not Benidormy) and right by a sandy beach.
I keep finding great hotels hat look perfect, only to find that the beach is stony.
Would be perfect if we also had a small village with tavernas within walking distance too.
Has anyone found such a place, or should I stick with Spain?

Bjxa21 Wed 10-Apr-13 21:54:53

Try Chios. You'll need a connecting flight though. There are two big sandy beaches that are good for children, but usefully I can't remember the name.

ubik Wed 10-Apr-13 21:58:09

Stoupa - not an island but very lovely, great fur kids, beach is lovely and sandy.
Crete - we stayed in Kalives
Naxos - I went years and years ago but gear it's very nice.

By the way - you can get some lovely apartments with pool rather than hotel and eat out every evening.

MagratGarlik Wed 10-Apr-13 22:00:19

Long time since I went there, but try the north or west of Kefallonia. Some places have stony beaches, but there are also plenty of sandy ones too. Unless it has changed a lot since I last went it wasn't Benidormy at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now