Talk

Advanced search

Impossible? 5 couples, 5 babies - all together in Turkey or similar...

(7 Posts)
waitandsee Fri 05-Apr-13 12:44:31

Am posting because have spent the last 4 days trying to find what I am looking for and am slowly losing the will to live! Am beginning to think I am being unrealistic, but seeing all the good suggestions on here I thought it worth a try...so here goes:
Five couples, each with baby between 6 & 18 months wanting to holiday together in September
We each want our own space, but would be good to have a communal area outdoors so we can put babies to bed in evenings and sit out together and have a glass of wine or three but still within hearing distance of babies
This made me think self catering would be the only option, and perhaps try and get apartments or mobile homes close to one another
BUT we would love a creche facility so that the kids can play and we can sunbathe/catch up on sleep without worrying. So this made me think a hotel would be the only option. Argh!
AND it has to be hot in September, so France is out - hence thinking about Turkey/Greek Islands/Cyprus....oh, and we are all on a tight budget.
Am I wanting the impossible?! Is it a case of getting what you pay for and we aren't prepared to pay enough for what we want?! Any help would be extremely gratefully received.

girlywhirly Fri 05-Apr-13 15:25:45

I think unless you go all inclusive you won't get everything you want, and even then you can't guarantee getting apartments/rooms close together. You could try self catering apartments but again with the same difficulties, and these may be further away from resort facilities.

Most people in your situation would get the babies to sleep in their pushchairs and keep them with you wherever you choose to eat dinner or have a drink. Bear in mind that a lot of creches have minimum age limits so might not be suitable anyway, and some only operate during peak season. Could you not work out a rota between yourselves so that each couple could have a couple of hours to themselves now and again while someone else minds their child?

You could look at the Island Blue, Pefki Islands, and Thalasso Spa in Pefkos, Rhodes. They are all close together and part of the same group, so you can use any of the facilities, pools restaurants etc. They offer 2 bed apartments with kitchenette, although one bedroom is the main one with the kitchenette off it so not really suitable for couples to share. However, it means the children would be in a separate room and not easily disturbed. Look in Thomsons brochure or online for details. You can pay for breakfast at the Island Blue restaurant, or self cater. The pool bars do lunches, or you can self cater.

The restaurants are good in the resort for dinner. Most of the bars have lots of Little Tikes play equipment to amuse toddlers while their parents have a drink, not what you were thinking of, but it wears them out and they can sleep in their buggies until you go back to the hotel. Children are welcome everywhere. The beach is lovely, and pretty much everywhere is within walking distance.

waitandsee Fri 05-Apr-13 19:21:18

Thanks girlywhirly,I think you have hit the nail on the head. Trying to find too much on too small a budget! Will definitely check out those resorts in Rhodes - they sound really good. Thanks!

loulouppy Sat 06-Apr-13 08:50:48

skip the child care, even if you manage to get some of them sorted and settled there will be one mum or one baby that isnt happy to decides to keep there baby that day and you will wonder why you bothered etc.. jsut enjoy the babies and let the dads look after them. i just posted a review for caserio del mirador in spain, would be perfect for this type of holiday but i suspect they dont have room for all of you at once this year.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Sat 06-Apr-13 13:27:05

Why don't you look for a villa, you can find some really good priced ones in Turkey, that way you will have plenty of space. Just take it turns to watch out for the little ones. Holidays are never the same once you have children do you just have to adapt. We have never left out girls with anyone, they are always with us and we all have a great time.

givemeaclue Sat 06-Apr-13 18:27:00

Look at Neilsons holidays in Greece and Turkey, good offers outside school holidays and great childcare

Geordieminx Sat 06-Apr-13 19:33:52

Have just booked Delphin Palace for ds and I..

Not far from airport, all inclusive, loads of stuff for kids (yours probably a bit younggrin) and private beach. Oh and huge day beds in the shade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now