Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Pari and disability passes?

(9 Posts)
buzzgirly Tue 01-Jan-13 08:43:48

We are going in May. Dd (4) has a hidden disability, but needs a daily procedure done which can take a bit of time. Because of this and some of her other issues, I am a bit worried about her queuing for ages. Does anyone know if you can get disability pass? How do you get them?

I can't get on the official site as I don't have flash on my phone, so I thought I'd ask some wise mnetters instead!

Nishky Tue 01-Jan-13 08:48:13

I know you can get them as I saw people using them when we were there- there are special entrances for those with mobility issues on a lot of the rides so I guess you would use those with the passes.

I will google for you!

Chopstheduck Tue 01-Jan-13 08:49:25

There are assisted pass, you would need a blue badge or letter from your GP to access them though.

I didn't bother in the end with ds though. He has a blue badge, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the whole family wouldn't be able to accompany him on rides, only one or two carers.

Nishky Tue 01-Jan-13 08:51:37

I think you need to wait until you can access the site, there is a lot of information there!

Sabriel Tue 01-Jan-13 12:05:23

Get a letter from your GP to say that because of XYZ she can't queue. Take it to City Hall when you get there and they will give you a pass.

You get to go on the rides via a different entrance. You still have to wait, but not for anywhere near as long, and in a separate area. My DD has sensory issues that mean she can't cope with being in a packed queue surrounded by people. The disabled queues tend to have room to spread out.

You also get priority for the parades and shows and get seats at the front. Takes out all the pushing and shoving and gives you a much nicer experience.

buzzgirly Tue 01-Jan-13 13:02:11

Thanks everyone. Does the letter definitely need to be from GP, or would her paediatric nurse be able to do one?

Sabriel Tue 01-Jan-13 15:50:01

I don't know. They went into the back room with the letter and we assumed they were checking the doctor's details were genuine, but who knows? I would contact them and ask. Do you get DLA?

buzzgirly Tue 01-Jan-13 18:02:10

sabriel yes we get DLA, so I could that letter along. The main reason I asked about the GP letter is last time we got a letter from there it cost £20!

BensonBunny Tue 01-Jan-13 18:31:15

I usually use a copy of the latest letter from the paediatrician for things like this, along with the DLA letter. It's about 9 years since we were at Disney but when we went our family of 4 were able to stay together in the disabled queue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now