Talk

Advanced search

What cheap airline flies to Istanbul in November?

(12 Posts)
CuttedUpPear Tue 09-Oct-12 21:28:21

It looks like Easyjet go to somewhere called Dalaman (?) in Turkey but I don't know if this is near Istabul and they only have outgoing flights, ...any clues how we can get there - and back?

Numberlock Tue 09-Oct-12 22:46:10

Which airport are you going from? Airblue fly from Manchester, Easyjet from Luton. Both to Istanbul. Dalaman is about 800km from Istanbul.

CuttedUpPear Tue 09-Oct-12 22:53:50

Bristol, Cardiff or Exeter. I think Dalaman is too far away then.

CuttedUpPear Wed 10-Oct-12 20:42:33

Ok we would now consider going from anywhere really...

Numberlock Wed 10-Oct-12 20:49:16

They were the only two budget airlines I found, from Manchester and Luton. Otherwise there's Turkish Airlines and Swiss who were cheaper than the likes of BA and Lufthansa but still pricy.

I have just booked a business trip for November hence knowing all this!

CuttedUpPear Wed 10-Oct-12 20:57:22

Luton is possible. What's the weather like there this time of year - and what kind of job takes you to nice destinations like this if it's not too cheeky to ask?

Numberlock Wed 10-Oct-12 21:50:35

Currently 22 degrees in Istanbul during the day. So should be mild early autumn weather in another month. Are you looking for a child free break or family trip?

Numberlock Wed 10-Oct-12 21:52:11

Ps. Will pm you re my job.

CuttedUpPear Wed 10-Oct-12 23:26:54

A well earned week away without DCs - but it looks like it won't happen til early/mid November now. Will it be chilly do you think?

Numberlock Thu 11-Oct-12 05:39:39

I had a look at holidayweather.com and the average November temperature is 12 degrees. I have only heard good things about Istanbul but depends what you're after eg city break, pool or beach... How long are you going for?

notcitrus Thu 11-Oct-12 05:57:33

Istanbul is fab that time of year - though second time I went it rained a lot, so much it flooded and 30,000 lost their homes, but that really was a freak event!

If you're willing to go from anywhere, the cosy of getting to the airport will probably be more than the cost of a proper airline. Try Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines and Bmi, as well as BA - I've found them often similar to Easyjet and way less stress.

mrsnec Thu 11-Oct-12 06:18:58

Pegasus from Stanstead or Atlasjet also good. We went last week of October last year. Stayed in Sultanahmet. It was the best citybreak I've ever done. Other posters are right about the weather but it didn't rain or put us off Boat trip. I liked the slight chill in the air. All the bars had really comfy and colourful blankets and throws on the outdoor furniture and the outdoor heaters going. It felt cosy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now