Talk

Advanced search

Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotel - would you do it?

(7 Posts)
Belo Mon 08-Oct-12 21:58:15

I'm looking to have a long weekend away with DH to Rome. Lastminute.com have a good deal with BA flights and 3 nights 5 star accommodation for £255 each. The only catch is, they won't tell you what the hotel is until you've paid.

Has anybody gone for a deal like this? Will we end up staying in a dump? Or, could it really be a great deal?

PinkChampagneandStrawberries Mon 08-Oct-12 22:00:29

Is it one of the ones that it gives you the full description of the hotel just not the name? If it is copy and paste the full description to google and it usually brings up the hotel from other sites.

CitrusyOne Mon 08-Oct-12 22:01:43

I did this in London and it was a fab hotel. Worth the gamble I reckon.

SomewhereInCanada Mon 08-Oct-12 22:04:41

I've done it and it was great, I did what Pink Champagne did. Be careful - sometimes the rate advertised for the Top Secret isn't much less than the hotel advertises itself for anyway.

difficultpickle Mon 08-Oct-12 22:07:18

I looked at that hotel in Rome (if it is the same one that is usually 'top secret' and it is definitely not 5 star, more like 2 star). Easy to check though.

TamekaCupcake Mon 08-Oct-12 22:24:05

I've done it loads of times ie 25+ and would recommend it. As Pink said, you can copy and paste the details into Google and it will generally come up with the name of the hotel.

Belo Tue 09-Oct-12 10:33:56

I've booked, and I'm quite happy. It's a the Raddison Blu hotel. Perhaps a bit anaemic and business like, but for the price I really cannot complain!

Thanks for encouragement!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now