Talk

Advanced search

Mont Blanc tunnel

(6 Posts)
MrsSalvoMontalbano Fri 05-Oct-12 13:53:37

Driving to Italy nextweek, and the route suggested by google takes us thru' the Mont Blanc tunnel. Looking on teh Chmonix website seems that they space the cars at the peage, so am wondering about delays? Not peak season, so hoping wont be too bad?

UKSky Fri 05-Oct-12 19:19:22

Which part of Italy are you going to? We go there regularly and depending where you go, depends which is the best route to take.

We have on occasions queued for a little while at the tunnel but never more than a few minutes. It is generally lorries that are held up and taken through in a convoy not cars/bikes.

prettybird Fri 05-Oct-12 19:39:29

We went through once at the end of September (from Italy to France) and didn't encounter any delays.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Tue 09-Oct-12 11:37:12

Thank you! we are going to Lago di Candia

DelGirl Tue 09-Oct-12 11:42:54

Where are you driving from, Calais? Try via michelin, I bet there is not much between doing the Mant Blanc and the Gotthard. Great scenery near both but I prefer the Gotthard personally.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Tue 09-Oct-12 16:19:04

Delgirl - thanks! Hadn't thought f via Michelin - used to use it but recetnly have got inot the habit of google - Via Michelin MUCH better! It took me straightaway via Reims instead of Paris, where google tried to make me go grin. dn teh instructiosn are much more helpful and the maps give more inof - thanks again!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now