Talk

Advanced search

Girona/Barcelona week with children Help Please..

(2 Posts)
quietlysuggests Wed 03-Oct-12 10:05:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Myneaux Mon 08-Oct-12 14:28:09

I have been to Barcelona four times and Girona once - but without children (bliss !)

For Barcelona I would consider staying in the beach areas (port olympic and barceloneta) rather than centrally. I have always stayed as close to the Barri Gotic./El born areas as possible as its great for shops, nightlife etc....but I presume you would want to be somewhere a bit quieter and closer to the beach?

The only thing to consider is the transport into the main bit - as I seem to recall that the metro doesnt run out as far as the Port Olympic. You could also try the Eixample - It doesnt have the nice, twisty old streets but would also be more child friendly than the central areas.

Definately visit Parc Guell - kids will love it and nice open spaces.

Also worth considering would be staying outside the city altogether and going in for day trips (I only have 1 DS aged 3 so the idea of getting around Barcelona with 4 DC fills me with fear :-). If this appeals consider Sitges - beautiful beach, nice shops and restaurants - 20-30 mins to Barcelona on a train.

Girona is lovely - great city walls. I stayed there for 1 night and 2 days - not much to do other than walking around the walls and city but you could definately pass a day or 2 there

hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now