Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Gardaland? Is there much to do for small children?

(5 Posts)
chipmonkey Sun 30-Sep-12 22:47:14

Was hoping to bring ds3 and ds4 away for a short break next spring. Ds2 went on a school trip to Lake Garda and the highlight for him was Gardaland ( so much for culture!hmm)
Looking at the website, I think it looks great for ds3 who will be 8, but would there be much to do for ds4 who won't be five till April?

chipmonkey Mon 01-Oct-12 10:46:00

Bump!

Sunnytimescoming Mon 01-Oct-12 22:28:02

there are a few rides that will be fine for age 4, some you might have to go on with him. Also there is a great waterpark next door to Gardaland - sorry can't remember what it is called, and also there is Caneva World (sp?) that is a kind of Film Studio park, both with loads to do for all ages. The 3 of them are all next to each other. The waterpark is nowhere near the scale of the American ones and all the better for that, great fun and very family friendly.

notcitrus Mon 01-Oct-12 22:45:27

The water park is fab though the taller rides looked poorly maintained and the attendants weren't enforcing any rules like gaps between riders, so MrNC and I stuck to ones that looked safe. Loved the volcano! You have to collect your own rubber ring for many rides and roll it up the hill yourself, though you can hire them as well.

Plenty of small castles, pedalos, crazy golf, icecream etc for a 4yo in the area.

chipmonkey Mon 01-Oct-12 23:16:12

Thanks, ladies. Just thinking, probably only worth doing the trip if dh comes along then? He was suggesting that I take the younger two to Lake Garda on my own but if I am to bring ds3 on some rides, I can't very well leave ds4 alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now