Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

recommendations for gites/holiday within 4 hours from calais please!

(6 Posts)
lu9months Fri 21-Sep-12 20:02:11

ideally with a group of gites so the kids can meet other children to play with. thank you !

hf128219 Fri 21-Sep-12 20:18:47

Have you looked at www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk

Portofino Mon 24-Sep-12 09:40:21

Le Logis du Pressoir here in the Loire. We went this summer on a MN recommendation - see the Travel Reviews - and it was lovely. Nice pool. Huge grounds with a treehouse, swings, ride on toys etc.

Greedygirl Sun 30-Sep-12 07:01:20

We have just booked there for next summer Portofino! In a slight gate crash, can I ask which route you took to get there and any recommendations for days out etc.?

OP - last year we went to La Grange du Moulin. I would do a link but I am on my phone and not sure how but it is reviewed on here. We had a fantastic holiday. The gites are not luxurious but we spent most of our time outside in the fab walled garden or around the pool. Our DS made loads of friends. There were more little children but we went before the school hols.

Portofino Sun 30-Sep-12 20:25:43

We went via Rouen. Was simple enough. Truly lovely place! We didn't do very much at all as it was all so relaxing. We visited Saumur and the chateau and the zoo - bioparc at Doue La Fontaine - is fantastic!!! Best zoo I have ever been to. Set in a limestone quarry.

Greedygirl Mon 01-Oct-12 06:48:25

Sounds lovely! Can't wait.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now