Talk

Advanced search

If you know the Balearics well can you suggest a destination for next year?

(7 Posts)
bramblina Mon 17-Sep-12 09:17:18

I'm looking for an all-inclusive hotel, near a beach and town, with a decent sized pool. Kids will be 7,5, and 6 months old. I've been trawling and trawling but it's so much better when someone has actually been to somewhere they would recommend! We've been to C'an Picafort in Majorca before and loved it but would rather go somewhere we haven't been before.

smile

Startailoforangeandgold Mon 17-Sep-12 09:54:38

Vista badia, Sa Coma Majorca, been twice.
Safari next door has an even bigger pool, but is huge.
My older DDs like to buzz of to the pool and find a sun bed and I don't think I'd ever find them there.
Complex has a water park that would suit that age (my mob do huge water slides so it's a trip to Palma).

Sa Coma is a lovely, safe beach and you can stroll down into S'Illiot.

We went with Thompson. The Bonaire in Cala Bona is beautiful, huge pool. More of a hike to the beach.

Fiesta Palm Beach, Ibiza.
Lovely hotel, nice pool and plenty of shady sun lounges. Very good food. Gardens open on to the beach (fence and gate, so safe for children).

Downsides you need a bus into town only a few shops and big space club near by.

Water park walk able, but not much for small DCs. They were enforcing the hight limit so 5 might be very frustrated.

Under flight path for airport. We thought this was great and my DCs enjoyed plain sporting.

Not apartments, don't know what they do for family rooms.
We booked late, got two ordinary twins and ignored being told that we needed an adult in each. (DDs are 14 and 11)

Only

Mum2Fergus Mon 17-Sep-12 19:53:43

We were ar Vista Badia, Sa Coma in July, and Bonaire, Cala Bona in October...would definitely recommend both. Sa Coma better for beach, but preferred restaurants of Cala Bona. There is now a road train that runs between Cala Bona and Cala Millor, then separate train frim Cala Millor to Sa Coma...sounds a bit of a faff but theyre timed to perfection...we did the journey 3 days of 7 in July - meant had best of both worlds!

diabolo Tue 18-Sep-12 19:33:29

This :

www.insotelhotelgroup.com/insotel-punta-prima-resort

is lovely. I visited my BIL and SIL and their kids for the day when they stayed here 2 years ago and it was very nice (for an AI which I personally don't like), huge swimming pools, loads of restaurants, lovely apartment type rooms (1 and 2 beds) with TV, DVD, Air Con etc. Punta Prima is a lovely little resort, white sandy beach, watersports, a few bars and restaurants, gorgeous. Seemed very upmarket while also being very family friendly.

Punta Prima is about 5km from the gorgeous capital city Mahon which has a huge and gorgeous harbour, loads of bars and restaurants and beautiful Georgian architecture from when the English ruled the Island. Transfer time from the aiport is only about 15/20 mins.

smile

dreamingofsun Fri 21-Sep-12 11:22:30

isn't it strange how different people like different things....or maybe cala bona's gone up market since we went 18 years ago. then it was the worst resort i've ever been to. there were 2 decent restaurants in the whole resort and one of them we could never get into as it was always booked. the beach was tatty. it rained one day and there was nothing to do. 2nd to worst holiday we've ever had (and the worst my husband spent in hospital)

Beatrixpotty Wed 26-Sep-12 20:28:03

Agree with Diabolo about Punta Prima :was there in the summer but in a different hotel, Barcelo Pueblo Menorca.My DCs were 1&2 but I can see it would be great for slightly older ones too.5 or 6 pools , perfect for all the ages of your children.We had a family suite which consisted of 2 interconnecting rooms each with own bathroom & tv.Food was great, we had 1/2board.Lots for children to do and the beach is only 2 minutes down the road.We got a good rate by booking directly with the hotel.

balia Wed 26-Sep-12 20:32:20

Mmm, another vote for Punta Prima - in fact Menorca generally! Nice short flight, fabulous scenery, lovely weather, everything you could want. We stay a little further along the coast near Binibeca, but the whole island is very family-friendly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now