where shall we go for Easter? Help please.

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 07-Feb-12 21:31:36

We had thought about going skiing but DH is stressed from work and skiing with our two very novice DCs would snot be the relaxing holiday he craves.
He would like sunshine guaranteed and a swimming pool or sea warm enough to swim in. He'd also like a gym.
I would like no jet lag (experience with flying to Florida with the DCs tells me that they take forever to adjust to the time difference.), not too long a flight and sports facilities.
DCs would like the usual things for DCs to do, swim, play football, occasional kids club, other children.

We've had quotes for Dubai but they are coming in quite high for B&B even because of it being school holidays/easter.
South Africa is on our list of possibilities.
I've looked at First Choice Holiday Village in Tenerife (I'd be happy with that) but DH says he's not inspired.

Any recommendations please, very very gratefully received.

TIA

SharkBite Wed 08-Feb-12 17:55:51

Morrocco/Turkey are usually warm and no jet lag. No specific recommendations but a bump might help smile

Actually the weather in the UK has been fab over recent Easters. I recall sat under a weather depression in Southern Spain in 2007 with a very sad face, whilst the UK had temps up in the 20's sad

mckenzie Thu 09-Feb-12 17:39:36

thanks shark bite. We holidayed in the UK at Easter in 2010 and had fabulous weather. We were all in shorts, t shirts and wearing suncream etc. We just can't guarantee it though can we?

HassledAndHarrassedMummy Thu 09-Feb-12 18:55:13

We did Turkey at Easter last year. We took 2DC. First time they'd flown, flight was just under 4 hrs and they were fine with it. Weather was great. We stayed in a 5* in Side. Had a waterpark, mini fairground and was right on the beach. All inc. Gym. Was amazing to be quite honest. Have a look in the Thomas Cook Aquamania brochures. That's were we booked ours from.

mckenzie Thu 09-Feb-12 19:51:08

thanks H&H - off to have a look now

mckenzie Thu 09-Feb-12 20:27:36

where did you actually stay H&H? there are quite a few in Turkey?

HassledAndHarrassedMummy Thu 09-Feb-12 22:55:17

Stayed at Royal Dragon Hotel, Side :-)

Ellinors Fri 25-Mar-16 12:23:21

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now