Talk

Advanced search

Help please Holiday in Italy advice

(6 Posts)
JABBA7 Mon 24-Oct-11 16:15:23

Hi

Please can you anyone who has been to Italy with children of around 8 and 10 and can recommend places let me know.

Many thanks

LIZS Mon 24-Oct-11 16:19:41

We did Lake Garda this year, dc a bit older, but it rather depends whether you'd prefer beach and/or sights.

Putrifyno Tue 25-Oct-11 08:48:51

We have been to Union Lido and Park Albatros with Canvas and really enjoyed it. I have been recommended www.portofelice.it for next year and am currently investigating. The Italian Riviera is also lovely but I am guessing you are looking more for activities and pool action for the dcs?

JABBA7 Tue 25-Oct-11 10:39:12

Hi Putrifyno

Thanks for this the portfelice looks good.

JABBA7 Tue 25-Oct-11 10:40:02

Hi Lizs

Thanks, we really like to be close to a beach.

Putrifyno Tue 25-Oct-11 19:51:15

Well Portofelice sent me a nice brochure this week. It seems to tick all the boxes so I have booked for next July. Worth noting they will pay 30% of your taxi fare from nearest airports.....though we will drive. They will also provide all sheets/towels/beach towels at extra cost. And there is site wide wifi! And they were quick to reply to my emails.

My dd will be 8 next summer. She loves the pool/beach, disco of an evening, and will take or leave the kids club - generally she makes friends in the pool and is more happy to play on the slides etc with them. Now she can swim well, I worry that bit less - just keep an eye on her. According to my MN recommendation the nearest town is within easy walking distance to pop out for dinner. And it is easy to catch bus to Venice and Caorle for the water park. Job done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now