Talk

Advanced search

When best to go on holiday abroad, summer or october half term??? my ds starts full time in Sep 2012

(3 Posts)
fraggle73 Mon 17-Oct-11 17:03:37

My ds will be starting full time school next september, so we are not sure whether to go away in the summer (july and august) for a holiday abroad or go away in October half term. We can only go July and August cause of work commitments so will end up paying ridiculous amount of monies! Does half term always work out the same as summer holidays.

frenchfancy Tue 18-Oct-11 08:08:38

It obviously depends where you want to go, but a holiday in July and a holiday in October are not the same thing. I would suggest the first 2 weeks in July if you want to stay in Europe, as generally the prices go up towards the middle of the month.

Another thing to conisder if your DS starts school in September is that he may be very tired by the October half term, so travelling long distance may not be a good idea

Putrifyno Tue 18-Oct-11 08:21:52

We always go the first 2 weeks in July - it is generally not so busy. I would avoid August if at all possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now