Talk

Advanced search

Where should I go in January/February?

(7 Posts)
Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Sat 08-Oct-11 15:27:42

We have been lucky enough to be awarded £500 from the Family Fund in Thomas Cook vouchers which we would like to use in January or February. We can put up to another £500 towards it for a week for us plus DS who is 6 with probable ASD.

I have been looking around at Canaries, Egypt, Tunisia. We like Costa Adeje in Tenerife but I am concerned about the weather in any of these places during the winter. I don't want to be cold. We are not sit around the pool ALL day people but we are looking for a bit of a winter escape after a pretty awful couple of years. I like a sandy beach and not to have to drive.

I want a kids club for DS as he is pretty full on and it is good for us all to have a little time apart. We also need an apartment really as we need more than one room as it is all just too much otherwise being cooped up together all the time. He has to stick to bedtime routine so we don't want to just have to stay with him in the one bedroom as you get in a hotel.

Any advice would be gratefully received.......

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Sun 09-Oct-11 07:09:01

bump

fivegomadindorset Sun 09-Oct-11 07:27:33

The Holy Grail, have been trying to find something similar myself and yet to find it.

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Sun 09-Oct-11 09:02:00

I just don't want to book something and be disappointed. You see so many people who say the weather is fine in Jan/Feb but then it would be sods law that we would have bad weather. I don't want 35 degrees. Just nice enough to feel that I have had a but of sun! grin

sam2cats Sun 09-Oct-11 10:08:51

We go away a lot in January and we have been to Egypt twice in January. The weather has been lovely both times, it can be a little windy, but the sun has always been warm, and we would always be in t shirts and if the hotel has a heated pool you will be fine, otherwise the water can be a bit cold for swimming.

You can definitely sit on the beach, we did, and there are plenty of hotels with kids clubs. The holiday village red sea has family rooms with separate bedrooms for kids with bunk beds so you wouldn't need to all go to sleep at the same time...I think the weather will be more reliable in Egypt than Tenerife at that time, my in laws have been in January and had a very rainy week...

Have a great holiday!

Ben10WasTheSpawnNowWeLoveLego Sun 09-Oct-11 10:38:47

Thank you very much for your response. I will start looking at Egypt and the resort you recommend. Just will need to convince my parents that we won't be in the midst of an uprising!

sam2cats Sun 09-Oct-11 10:56:42

Yes we were there last year when it all started to kick off.....we didn't see any political active at all in sharm though.

Hope you can find something to suit you.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now