Talk

Advanced search

Warm weather in April?

(5 Posts)
crabb Tue 04-Oct-11 10:05:41

We are Australian, our adult daughter is living in England. We are coming to England to visit her /for a holiday/for a conference in mid April next year, and perhaps somewhat foolishly promised we would take her somewhere warm for the first week.
My thought was somewhere warm enough to sunbathe and swim in the sea - preliminary googling indicates we may need to go further than Southern Europe to achieve this.
Does anyone have ideas of how far south we have to go to achieve this? And any suggestions for good resorts suitable for adults who like their comfort and food, and prefer not to be with huge crowds of people? Our dates are just after the Easter break so we shouldn't be overlapping with UK school holidays (I think). The other factor is, my husband has just learned to dive, so somewhere with interesting and not overcrowded diving would be a bonus, but is not the critical factor.
If it helps we also like history - Egypt/Jordan would not be too far but I guess I'd prefer to stay north of the Med.
Hope this request isn't too vague!

An0therName Wed 05-Oct-11 10:14:34

I think mid april you would stuggle further nearer than Egypt (with great diving) - I went to Malta - which is quite far south once in May- and the sea was pretty cold and it wasn't realiable sunbathing weather
if it was me I would go to southern Italy or Spain or Greece somewhere with lots of culture they are wonderful that time of year - may stay somewhere with a pool?

hayleysd Wed 05-Oct-11 10:50:09

We went to turkey at the beginning of may and it was 30 ish and the sea was like a bath, not sure what it was like a couple of weeks before though

crabb Wed 05-Oct-11 15:25:42

Thanks for your replies! Whereabouts in Turkey did you go, hayleysd? I hadn't considered Turkey.

hayleysd Wed 05-Oct-11 17:07:15

We went to the first choice holiday village near dalaman, would definitely go back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now