Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mark warner turkey sea garden/ lakitira hotel or neilson club teos (turkey) or Lemnos ??

(10 Posts)
Staverton Fri 30-Sep-11 00:16:17

Hi
Has anyone been to anyone of the above resorts? Which would you recommend? I've read some negative stuff on all of them on trip advisor and bow my head is spinning...
Eg. Lemnos looks like a good option but apparently the beach isn't very nice and theres some kind of power station on it? Teos is a bit shabby??
Do both MW and Neilson do a supperclub for kids in PJs with DVDs??
Would really appreciate some views

Thanks in advance!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Staverton Fri 30-Sep-11 09:41:40

Thanks for your reply it sounds lovely. We are veering towards Lemnos I think (hope weather ok in October!) we do really want to go with neilson or MW as my children want to go to the kids clubs and we need a bit of a break!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Staverton Fri 30-Sep-11 14:05:09

Bump again. Any thoughts on mark warner or neilson at these resorts?

Staverton Sat 01-Oct-11 16:26:47

Last hopeful bump ...

cjn27b Thu 06-Oct-11 14:18:58

Just back from Lemnos Neilsen holiday. I'll be honest - I'm a total package holiday snob and was worried we'd hate it, but we were desperate for a break that came with childcare. Well, I'm a total convert and so is my partner.

So the beach isn't the most beautiful.... But, on the plus side - The hotel has just been revamped and is perfectly nice (great interconnecting rooms if you have more than one kid). Yes there are elements of the upmarket Butlins, but it is an 'Activity Holiday'. The key thing is ALL the staff are amazing, especially the childcare. Everything is done for you. There are sleep clubs free twice a week and you can book more. It's a great way to spend time with you partner doing something new and different (we learnt to sail dingys, again something I'd not really thought about before).

One question - how old are your kids? If you go out of school holidays, and at the end of the season, you'll find the number of nannies per child is very high. Our older toddler (just 3) has language delay and he was assigned a one on one nanny at no extra cost (in fact without asking). He went dingy sailing everyday too.

Don't be under any illusion you're off to see a remote and historic part of Greece. You'll see a tiny bit of the town and that's it. BUT, you'll have a really good break from the day to day grind, without a seconds worry about your kids as they'll be having a ball, and you may even gain a new activity style holiday.

janinlondon Thu 06-Oct-11 14:47:42

I have been on both Warner and Neilson holidays. This year we took our sixth Neilson, which tells you what we think. No one else touches them for giving your kids the time of their lives. Though as mentioned above, holiday times will make a difference to how many other kids there are. Lemnos has a fabulous history - we hired a car and went here, which was stunning. Remote and brilliant. Also Lemnos has an incredibly short transfer time from the airport. Hope you have a great time, wherever you choose.

Kandinsky Thu 06-Oct-11 14:49:24

We went to Neilsons in Lemnos last year. I had read about the power station on the beach but we could barely notivpce it. My teenagers thought it was the best holiday they had ever had and we liked the fact you could walk in to Myrina easily.
In terms of the staff and the quality of the activities offered it knocked spots off the Mark Warner holiday we had.

Staverton Fri 07-Oct-11 09:53:55

Thanks everyone that's all very helpful. Sorry I'm so late coming back to this I had given up hope of replies!

Sadly I am miscarrying AGAIN so looks like we can't go away as planned. So about to start another thread about where we can go with a similar kind of set up to neilson in November...

We will def go to greece with neilson next year though so v useful, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now