Talk

Advanced search

2 days in the Champagne region, where would you go, what would you do?

(6 Posts)
Soups Tue 27-Sep-11 19:25:39

It'll be summer and we'll have 2 children with us.

Lizcat Tue 27-Sep-11 20:49:51

Visit the Mercier cellars in Epernay the kids will love the unmanned tour bus that takes you around the cellars.

nulgirl Tue 27-Sep-11 20:55:58

What age are your kids? If you want something for kids then go to nigloland. It is like a smaller "French" version of Disney. Or you could go to lac d'orient and go to the beach. Troyes is a beautiful small town and there are loads of shopping/discount malls if shopping is your thing.

Sleepwhenidie Tue 27-Sep-11 21:09:39

Epernay is, IMO nicer than Reims, we have stayed more than once in Villa Eugene, with the DC's when they were 4 and 1. The rooms are beautiful but the gem is the lovely heated outdoor pool, where we spent hours with DC's. Staff were very welcoming and breakfast great.

Soups Tue 27-Sep-11 22:23:22

I think we're sold on Epernay the Mercier wine cellar. We wanted to do something to do with wine but bit unsure about the kids interest levels (11 & 7), I think they'd be won over with laser guided trains!

Villa Eugene looks fab but we're a bit limited with hotels that accommodate 4 to a room. I've found a couple of self catering apartments with a tiny kitchenette, but they get very mixed reviews.

Sleepwhenidie Wed 28-Sep-11 20:16:23

Have you tried them? The room we had one time we stayed was huge, sure they could have put two camp beds in...worth asking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now