Talk

Advanced search

easyJet speedy boarding

(10 Posts)
Rinnyx Tue 27-Sep-11 14:02:41

So has anyone used it?

We are off to Murcia Spain next year (May) for a week, DP and I with our DD who will be 9 and DS who will be 18 months

I have read good and bad reviews about Speedy Boarding and I?m in 2 minds about it as reading the small print even without it we are 2nd priority when it comes to boarding, after speedy boarding we fit into the special assistance category as we will have a child under 5 and our DD is under 13 so she can board with us.

Some people have said even with speedy boarding they have found themselves just boarding along with the rest of the passengers so if that?s the case not adding this is going to save us a good bit of money on the final costs.

Did anyone not use it but still found falling into the special assistance category still helpful/any good?

Thanks smile

downpipe Tue 27-Sep-11 15:25:45

Hello,flown easyjet with toddler & baby a few times now, with a baby you are always the 2nd category to board(after speeding boarding) and there is always loads of seating choice so I would save your money and not bother with speedy boarding,you'll need the extra cash to pay for your luggage wink

mousymouse Tue 27-Sep-11 15:26:45

no need with easyjet, as they still have priority boarding for families with dc under 5.

DeepLeafEverything Tue 27-Sep-11 15:28:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tyr Tue 27-Sep-11 15:29:59

Save your money. If you have a child under 5, you get to board before the main throng anyway.
Even when I don't have the little one in tow, I frequently overtake the speedy boarders when you have to walk to the plane.
It's childish, yet curiously satisfying.

squeaver Tue 27-Sep-11 15:31:09

You won't need it but if you're worried, position yourself near the desk at the gate and make yourselves known to the boarding staff.

In a lot of European airports it's a joke anyway as speedy boarding simply means that you get on the bus to the plane first.

Rinnyx Tue 27-Sep-11 15:52:12

Thanks for the advice everyone I think I will opt out of SB and just stay up front with babes in arms while waiting to board plane or the bus got to make use of them I guess grin

I'm just going to select hold baggage for DP and I which is 40KG and 3 of us taking a bag each on board for free will be fine for just 7 days I think

DeepLeafEverything Tue 27-Sep-11 21:41:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mousymouse Tue 27-Sep-11 22:05:04

I think it is still 20 kg per suitcase or 30 kg if you share one between the two of you. but better check nearer travel because those things sometimes change.
I went on a 1 week holiday with two small dc with only 2 pieces of hand luggage this summer...was fine smile

Rinnyx Mon 03-Oct-11 11:02:43

Flight booked, went up almost £20, crazy
Booked 2 hold luggage for DP and I so max of 20kg for each bag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now