Talk

Advanced search

french gites near la rochelle

(5 Posts)
greygirl Thu 22-Sep-11 17:50:07

Hello I would like some help please.
I am hoping to go on holiday next august to a french gite, somewhere about the region of royan/la rochelle. I have 3 children aged 5-7 and I would really like a swimming pool, a kids play area (ideally with swings), a few other gites on-site so my kids can play with other kids, a walkable restaurant and boulangerie and easy access to a beach for the kids.
I know it's a lot, anyone got any recommendations?
(oh and we're not very rich so nothing more than £1000 a week please!)

frenchfancy Thu 22-Sep-11 20:02:00

I don't like to rely on my kids finding friends when we get on holiday, so I go with another family with kids the same age. If you go with another family your budget of £1000 per family will go much further.

Try www.vendee-vacances.co.uk , they are near La Rochelle, but on the Vendée side rather than Royan. Heated pool and play area. Gets good trip advisor reports too.

If you want the Royan area then you may be better looking at campsites, as there are many more of them around than gites, it gets a bit crowded round there for my liking though.

Ruthiebabes Thu 22-Sep-11 21:35:27

We stayed at a small fab gite complex last year... www.bestfrenchgites.co.uk.... we are booked again for next August but think they are fully booked anyway.. and not that close to the beach.

If you google 'gite complex near La Rochelle' you should find something. There are several in that area of France. We loved the set up, always other for our kids to play with, and lots of activities on site.. pool, trampoline, playground, sandpit etc.

HarrietSchulenberg Thu 22-Sep-11 21:38:20

I can't add anything constructive here, but have to mention that I always think of the Tricolour French books from school whenever I hear the name La Rochelle. "Je M'appelle Martine et j'habite a La Rochelle".

Sorry, I'll go away now ...

greygirl Fri 23-Sep-11 18:00:39

Thank you for your advice, I will chase them up.
I went to La Rochelle on a school trip (many moons ago) because of Tricolor, and it's a nice part of the world, which is the reason for hoping to holiday there next year.
So we can see if M. Duval Le boulangere is still there....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now