Talk

Advanced search

Warm, self-catering, pool in early June?

(3 Posts)
Piccalilli2 Sun 18-Sep-11 20:42:42

Hope someone out there can help as I don't know where to start! After 6 years of holidaying in northern France or the UK, dh has finally given in to my need for sunshine and agreed we can go somewhere warm for June half term. What I ideally want is somewhere self-catering, but in a small complex with access to food of some type and a pool, and temperatures mid 20s or above. I think that means Spain, Portugal, southern Italy, Greece, Cyprus etc. Beyond that I don't have a clue what to look for so if anyone can recommend somewhere that ticks those boxes I would be most grateful!

I can suggest ad wholeheartedly recommend several places down here in Southern Spain (I have lived here in Marbella for the past 7 years).

Late May/Early June is my absolute favourite time of the year here. Temp wise it will be between 25 and 29, sometimes above, but rarely below. Night time temps around 18, so still t-shirt weather.

Lots of lovely complexes around where I am (Elviria), with what is regularly voted the best beach on the Costa Del Sol. Marbella is about 10 minutes away (by car, 20 by bus), but in Elviria itself we have some fantastic restaurants, bars, tapas etc etc. Great waterpark up the road as well (about 15 minutes away).

We're about 25/30 minutes from Malaga airport and 45 ish from Gibraltar (sometimes it can be cheaper by quite a lot to fly there).

I would be happy to give you more detailed info if you're interested. I'm actually moving back from here in a couple of weeks, but can certainly advise/recommend several places locally to me.

Pigleychez Fri 23-Sep-11 22:58:08

We have just booked our first holiday abroad with the girls who will be 2 and 3.
We are going the week after half term in June.

We are going to Alcudia in Majorca. We have booked a 2 bed apartment right on the beach front in a small complex. Has its own pool for the apartments too.
Booked direct with the owners Via OwnersDirect.com.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now