Talk

Advanced search

Menorca 4 or 5 star recommendations??

(15 Posts)
flippyfloppy Thu 15-Sep-11 12:19:03

Just booked flights next July for Menorca on a bit of a whim! ( I only went on to look!). We have a DD 4 and DS 1. Has anyone any recommendations for a good, child friendly, all inclusive hotel/apartments?

CaptainNancy Thu 15-Sep-11 13:16:19

Princessa Playa over past Cala N'Bosch was lovely- we stayed in the hotel, but the have appartments on site too. 5 minutes from white sand immaculate beach, lovely pool- we spent most days just there tbh.

It's the opposite end of the island from airport, but that's still only 50mins or so IIRC.

It was lovely.

flippyfloppy Thu 15-Sep-11 13:29:38

Thanks captainnancy I'll have a look !

Jaffacake76 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:07:04

Insotel Punta Prima is lovely x

cloudofpink Thu 15-Sep-11 17:15:53

Another vote for Insotel Punta Prima - but you will come home with the mini disco songs stuck in your head!!

mosschops30 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:18:28

Viva menorca in cala n bosch are lovely. Weve been twice. First choice do it

flippyfloppy Thu 15-Sep-11 17:46:02

Thanks for all the messages, we were at Viva Menorca two years ago and to be honest we loved it! I've put it on my short list again but maybe fancied somewhere different. Princesa Playa and Punta Prima not taking bookings for next July until Mid October so I will have to wait for prices until then.

For those who have been to Punta Prima what was the local resort/beach like. Were the many nice restaurants locally.

Thank you.

diabolo Sun 18-Sep-11 10:42:08

Punta Prima is great, gorgeous white sandy beach, quite a small resort with several nice restaurants.

My BIL and SIL stayed at the Insotel Punta Prima last year and we visited them for the day. It was amazing, several pools, huge site. Not my cup of tea, but if you like big hotels with lots of facilities, I can't imagine much better.

flippyfloppy Sun 18-Sep-11 21:31:32

Thanks diablo! It's looking like my favourite, rates are out mid october, it does seem quite pricey but will see what quote i can get then!

diabolo Mon 19-Sep-11 18:25:22

flippyfloppy - the price was their only problem with it. Depending on what you book, the rooms are more like self contained bungalows, all with air-con and sound proofing and really well equipped. (so they told me).

I would imagine you would get a decent deal on the price for October, but beware that some of the restaurants and shops around the Island tend to close down in October, not always at the end of the month either.

flippyfloppy Mon 19-Sep-11 19:34:45

Thanks again Diablo, we aren't going until next summer but when I contacted the hotel for prices they aren't released until mid October for next summer. Sorry it wasn't very clear.

Sirzy Mon 19-Sep-11 19:39:48

I love Casas Del Lago but that isn't all inclusive I don't think.

Pretty sure Macarella does all inclusive (certainly does bed and breakfast) and that is beautiful.

I love going out to all the restaurants at the marina though so all inclusive is no good for us!

flippyfloppy Wed 21-Sep-11 22:29:21

Thanks Sirzy, I'm actually veering away from AI, we like to eat out on an evening and are not big drinkers ( anymore! now we have the DC) at first I though AI would be easier with the DC and more cost effective if we are mainly around the pool during the day, but I think I would prefer not be tied.

diabolo Thu 22-Sep-11 20:14:40

Sorry flippyfloppy. Don't know why I thought you were going in October - your OP clearly says July. blush

izzybizzybuzzybees Sun 25-Sep-11 11:13:32

The Valentine star in cala n Bosch is lovely, at went in may this year on half board. Plenty restaurants and cafes around and it was 2mins to them x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now