Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Views on Princess Yaiza in Lanzarote

(5 Posts)
goingbacktowork Wed 14-Sep-11 16:23:14

Hi I am looking for urgent opinions on the Princess Yaiza in Lanzarote for a xmas break. As it is Xmas of course prices are extortionate so wanted to check it was good before booking. Also how great is the kids club - I have a 5 and 3 year old who generally love this type of thing but some of the reviews of this on trip advisor are decidely dodgey. Looking forward to hearibg from anyone that has been. Many thanks.

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 13:05:13

Is it this one? Looks nice!

There are hardly any bad reviews and some people will complain about anything.

For TripAdvisor I would always read the reviews thinking "who is this person, are they like me, do they like the same things?"

feelingvfrazzled Tue 20-Sep-11 15:16:14

Hi there, we went in April and our children are 4 and 6....
There is loads for them to do inside and out but I'm sure at Christmas they woudl really play the whole thing up too. If its the same as at Easter I think your children will be in different classes in the kids club just so that you know but I'm sure you can check that as it changed when we got there. The clubs seemed to be quite structured.
There was lots of entertainment in the evenings.
Food for children was very good. Generally great breakfasts and we really liked the Italian and the Japanese restaurants.
The swimming pools were a problem for us as we got cold weather and only one heated but that won't really affect you at Christmas.
As TrillianAstra said it depends what you are looking for.
Hope that helps.

icancancan Tue 20-Sep-11 22:26:51

looked nice but think its quite expensive for what you get. kikoland kids clubs were good

mckenzie Tue 20-Sep-11 22:30:59

we went this summer with a 6 yr old and 10 year old and some friends of ours have been twice with their 3 (currently 5 year old and 2 and a half year old twins).
We thought it was lovely. Neither were big fans of the kids club but I'm not sure that was anything to do with Kikoland itself, just them wanting to spend time with DH and me incase they missed out on something smile.
If you do decide to go I would suggest room only - the food in the hotel was great, don't get me wrong, but there are also some lovely restaurants down at the marina and in the town itself.
And they don't heat the swimming pools apparently so they might be too cold to be able to use them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now