Talk

Advanced search

Budgie Smuggler Swimmers - Le bois dormant - Vendee

(13 Posts)
Tillyboo Sun 11-Sep-11 21:01:10

Looking at holidays in France & found a lovely water park/ camp sight/ Lido BUT we've been told that 'Speedo Type' 'Budgie Smuggler mens swimmers are a MUST & big shorts are banned. Anyone found this to be true & why ?

My nephew is refusing to wear them which is hindering our choice somewhat. My hubby hates them too but would wear the cycle short types as a compromise. Help !!

fluffles Sun 11-Sep-11 21:04:10

very common in france.. but james bond type square ones are allowed, it doesn't have to be teeny tiny ones.

basically it's to stop people wearing sports shorts in the swimming pool, it's very common in france.. almost no french pools allow shorts.. only what they consider 'proper' swimming wear.

funnypeculiar Sun 11-Sep-11 21:09:08

We were at another Vendee campsite this year, and tight shorts were absolutely required. There were pool attendants on duty, & in 2 weeks, we didn't see anyone get told off for anything except trying to go swimming in sports shorts. There were quite a few JAmes Bond style on show (much more pleasant on the eye imo!)

Tillyboo Sun 11-Sep-11 21:22:38

Oh bugger ! back to the drawing board then .... We'll look at Spain now then

Thanks all !

Stinkyfeet Sun 11-Sep-11 21:27:16

I've stayed at 2 Siblu sites in the last 3 years, le Bois Dormant being one of them, and would like to reassure you that budgie smugglers were not required!

Tillyboo Sun 11-Sep-11 21:41:19

Really Stinkyfeet ? What did you're blokies wear ? We wanted to go to France as we'll have a 1 year old with us and didn't to travel too far ? We've looked on websites tonight and they seem quite adamant that you have to wear Speedo's. Now I'm confused .... hmm

chibi Sun 11-Sep-11 21:44:13

We went to their sister site (over the road from bois dormant) last may half term. Dh wore board shorts, no problems. I suppose you could email/call and doublecheck

Soups Sun 11-Sep-11 22:07:08

They can wear this style

store.speedo.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category3_10151_10202_33379_33311_-1

brambleschooks Sun 11-Sep-11 22:57:21

It would be the waxing that would put my lot off!

Stinkyfeet Sun 11-Sep-11 23:28:32

Bloke wore nomal swimming shorts. Check out the poolside photos from the Siblu website - you'll see most of the men and boys are in shorts.

moondog Sun 11-Sep-11 23:30:17

You are letting your nephew dictate you r holiday choices? hmm
Hoe old is her and who is paying for the holiday?

Tillyboo Sun 11-Sep-11 23:45:20

Moondog, there is more to it than just my nephew (who by the way is at that almost teenage age and very, very conscious about his developing body)
It's not something to share but suffice to say involves cancer sad

frenchfancy Mon 12-Sep-11 06:22:55

Why don't you look at a villa with a private pool instead, then you can wear what you want?

You might be pleasantly surprised at the price comparisons, often the big companies on campsites are more expensive than private villas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now