Talk

Advanced search

Israel

(7 Posts)
umiaisha Sun 04-Sep-11 21:33:59

Oh and I (plus DD 5 and DS 6 months) are thinking about visiting Eilat during the Easter Holidays next year.

Can anyone recommend any hotels and advise what the weather is likely to be around this time?

Also, we have been told that we could have problems entering Israel as OH is of pakistani descent and we all travel to the middle east a lot.. can anyone confirm this??!

Many thanks.

Flowerista Sun 04-Sep-11 21:38:14

Went at Easter few years back for the weather. Was indeed nice and sunny, but one day had a sandstorm which was like apocalypse. Also try to avoid Passover, hotels kitchens and most restaurants closed all day, which would be tricky with DC's.

notserp Tue 06-Sep-11 12:14:16

There's nothing to stop you entering Israel, even if you've travelled to the middle east a lot. But you can expect a lot of questions at airport security. Try not to take it personally!

umiaisha Tue 06-Sep-11 22:46:43

Thanks for the advice.

When we travel to America we always get interrogated at security so not phased or offended by that, but am concerned that we might not be granted entry to Israel at all???

stikmatix Wed 07-Sep-11 09:23:28

My cousin lives in Israel and is just about to qualify as an official tour guide so I can get some info from him. My aunt and uncle have a place there near Eilat I think so when they get back in a few days (they're there atm) I'll ask for any recs.

Which countries stamps do you have in your passports?

orangina Wed 07-Sep-11 10:01:25

I think you'll find it is the other way around. Going to Israel with M East stamps in your passport is ok, but then going back to those M Eastern countries with Israeli stamps in your passport might cause a problem..... how about going to Aqaba (Jordan) or Taba (Egypt) instead? They are each either side of Eilat..... Re: the weather, you might be better off at Easter going a bit further south in the Red Sea. Perhaps closer to Soma Bay (near Hurgada) or Marsa Alam.... (both in Egypt)

orienteerer Sun 11-Sep-11 18:48:43

Re the passport stamping - went in April 2010 and they do not stamp passports anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now