Talk

Advanced search

Corsica

(6 Posts)
Risette Sat 03-Sep-11 14:54:28

Recommendations for hotels for a family with a baby sought.

I was thinking of Calvi, but only because it's the obvious place, however has anyone got any other recommendations?

CestTout Thu 08-Sep-11 15:47:31

Had an amazing holiday there in May with Corsican Places (not a rep - I won a holiday with them!) We stayed in Le Home in Calvi with them, not a holtel but self catering, ten mins walk into the shops/restaurants.

You will have a lovely time, the island is gorgeous. We hired a car for 5 of the 7 days.

Portofino Fri 09-Sep-11 13:00:57

I have this place bookmarked for the future. I have been to Bonifacio on a day trip from sardinia. It was stunning.

munstersmum Fri 09-Sep-11 13:11:45

Stayed in Porto Vecchio a few years back. It has a nice square, marina & the most fabulous white sandy beaches 10 mins drive away. Afraid we went self-catering. (Also went with Corsican Places)

I'm just here to drool over Portofino's link really. Agree Bonifacio well worth a visit.

Chewbecca Fri 09-Sep-11 16:50:17

We've been twice to Corsica, once with child, once without. Went to Porto Vecchio area and Calvi first time, really liked both, 2nd time went to PV again then cap corse which we also liked but was a bit quiet.
For me Corsica is the perfect destination for great beaches, plus mountains and scenery, food, the lot.
Have had a car the wold time and explored all the island except Sw and loved the lot.
Only problem is that we've found the accommodation to be fairly low value for money, you do need to spend quite a bit to get anything half decent. I wouldn't overly recommend any of the accommodations we've stayed in I'm afraid.
We found there are a lot of 'residence de tourism' complexes there which were quite nice, a bunch of mini villas sharing a pool and some facilities.
Note that link is to a RDT by pinarello beach which is closer to PV than bonifacio, it is a beautiful area for beaches.
Hope you find something and love it!

Risette Sat 10-Sep-11 18:30:43

Thank you I'll follow up on some of your recommendations. I put hotel, but actually we're just as happy to find a villa somewhere and self cater.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now