Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for a holiday park (Keycamp) in France? 3 young boys...

(5 Posts)
BoisJacques Thu 01-Sep-11 09:27:46

I have been to a few in my youth, and always loved going so, after no holiday this year [sob] I want to get booked for next. The absoloute 'must haves' is great pools/slides and close to a beach, or a lake, and a busy/fun place. If anyone can help me choose, that would be great! Thanks smile

Portofino Thu 01-Sep-11 10:59:22

Siblu - La Carabasse. Loads going on, great kids club, fab pool complex. Everything within walking distance - sandy beach, shops and restaurants, big fun fair, mini golf.

I really would not recommend keycamp at all. We went this year to Berny Riviere, the campsite was lovely but keycamp are awful. Caravan was dirty, highchair disgusting not adhering to UK guidelines. I booked stating I needed a pitch away from open water only to find none of their caravans are away from the water. I checked that the travel cot would fit in our bedroom - and it didn't and they refused to do anything about it - meaning baby had to sleep in communal area with two teenagers and two kids coming and going so no sleep was had by anyone. Now denying all responsibility. They totally ruined our holiday. Everyone on site said best people to use are canvas or eurocamp, their pitches and caravans were much better. Reps are rubbish as well.

dreamingofsun Wed 21-Sep-11 15:36:27

fab holiday with 3 young boys. have you chosen your area - thats the first thing i would do. we have had loads of fun in brittany but the weather can be bit hit and miss - usually bit better than on south coast. south brittany has best weather. vendee - bit further to drive, better weather, not so nice (north vendee anyway). ukcampsites.co.uk does reviews of sites. i would also try and gauge the pitch sizes - some are much more squashed in than others, often most squashed are ones near beach. we've been to around 7 sites in brittany so happy to advise if thats any help?

flybynight Thu 22-Sep-11 21:27:25

We spent a few days at Lac de Chalain this summer - great water park bit, bike hire, lake swimming, treetop adventure. Loads of stuff. We were two adults, three children and a baby in a mobile home with a deck and it was small but fine.

My only bugbear was being expected to wrestle the fridge freezer out of its housing to switch the damn thing off at the end of our stay. I didn't do it. If they want it switched off, give me a big highly visible switch. Rant over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now