Talk

Advanced search

Sani resort in Greece - advice please!

(4 Posts)
motherofeve Thu 25-Aug-11 16:51:45

Help - looking at Sani resort for family of 4, ds age 7 and dd 6. Which 'Sani' is best - Sani Beach Hotel, Club, Porto Sani Village or Sani Asterias Suites? Thank you!

mumtoaprincess Thu 25-Aug-11 21:52:56

I have stayed at the Beach Hotel. If you are wanting to sample the 'real' Greece, then you won't find it here. If you are looking for a beach and pool holiday, then it is a long way to travel by plane and then a two hour journey to resort. There are nicer resorts with a much shorter journey time.

If you are set on going there, then it depends on what your budget is. You get what you pay for.

Hope this helps.

doozle Thu 25-Aug-11 22:04:09

It's all really very nice, pretty marina, 45 min transfer from Thessaloniki, excellent kids club. We really liked it. Agree it's not the real greece but that didn't put us off and we would probably go again.

To break it down ...

a) Sani Asterias Suites - on the marina where all the restaurants are, top end, serious 5 star luxury, only 50 suites or so, very lovely - also pricey. If you can afford it, I'd go for it!

b) Porto Sani is next - near the marina but no actual sea views, it's set slightly back in gardens, also really lovely and luxurious, slightly less expensive than Asterias, maybe 200 suites.

c) Sani Beach Club - not on the marina either a free resort bus ride to get there or a 20 min walk. Much more affordable than asterias or porto sani but still very good. Low level bungalows in a great setting set into a forested hillside, facing the sea. Think very upmarket centreparcs.

d) Sani Beach Hotel - on the seafront, 3 min walk to the Marina, looks nice, I didn't go in so can't tell you an awful lot But much of a traditional high rise hotel, very large, hundreds of rooms.

doozle Thu 25-Aug-11 22:06:33

So after all that, to answer your question - Asterias is the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now