Talk

Advanced search

Murcia or Tavira in April

(11 Posts)
givemeadvice Wed 24-Aug-11 09:09:02

Good morning. Looking into going aboad for 1 week at Easter. 31 March to 7 April. Does anyone have any experience of these areas around that time of year? We have 2 boys 9 and 6 so we would like to explore as much as possible.
Will it be warm or should we wait until August?
By warm I mean t-shirt and shorts in the day and cover up in the evening.
Please tell me if rain is likely! Many thanks .....

givemeadvice Wed 24-Aug-11 09:12:04

should say ABROAD!!!

givemeadvice Wed 24-Aug-11 21:33:41

bumpity bump!

epeems Thu 25-Aug-11 00:27:16

It could be 40 degrees or it could rain and be mild for the whole time. It'll be pot luck.
I don't think you can guarantee good weather until May. Weather may be more consistent in the Canaries.

ImeldaM Thu 25-Aug-11 12:12:41

Tavira would be warmer than Murcia, both fab places though.
We've been to algarve for easter & had lovely weather, on beach most days, bit cool for outdoor swimming pool but there were older children using it.

TheMitfordsMaid Thu 25-Aug-11 12:14:32

For a moment I thought that this was another baby names thread.

cyb Thu 25-Aug-11 12:15:31

Dont know about temp in Tavira but I do know I LOVE IT THERE

anonymousbird Thu 25-Aug-11 13:26:50

Adore Tavira, not actually been at Easter (we are going this Sunday!!!!) but my "host" says that both Easter and October half term can be fantastic, but you are slightly in the lap of the gods as less predictable......

About to start a thread re waterparks in the area - youngest DC now old enough, but don't know which one to go to, so if anyone has advice, please let me know!

CinemaParadiso Mon 29-Aug-11 14:18:57

Love Tavira & have been twice, but we once went during the May Bank Holiday & had awful weather (quite cool & very wet). But to be fair the locals said that the weather in January had been much better, so I think you take pot luck really!

givemeadvice Mon 05-Sep-11 23:08:39

thanks all. Waiting for ryanair tickets ... hopefully we can stretch to canaries! xx

happywheezer Mon 05-Sep-11 23:14:52

My mum lives by Murcia. I have been in the sea in the mar Menor in April. It's a lovely time of year to go. Not too hot yet. The evenings are not cold, just ok.It's rained a few days.
Have been many times in April.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now